Monday, January 12, 2009

Birthday Party Mayhem

I survived another birthday party. Number 5. I wish I could say that I look forward to the parties, the pretty cake, the pinata, the frolicking kids, but I don't. I get anxious and breathe a big sigh of relief when it is over for a whole year.

I have to admit that this one went well. Winter birthday parties can be a big challenge with rambunctious kids running around in your house for two hours. So, we planned a sledding party. I checked the extended forecast as intently as I did prior to my wedding. I was crossing my fingers for a fair weather day and I got it. Perfect snow conditions, too. 

There were a couple of minor sledding collisions, but no injuries. Then we went inside for cake. It was adorable, yummy, and I didn't make it. The smile on my five-year-old girl was unforgettable.

No comments: