Saturday, December 6, 2008

Snow Games

Today, I fell on Julia while we were skiing. Okay, I didn't smoosh her. We were barely moving and my skis slid out from me. We both went down and I mostly landed on her legs. 

Meanwhile, older sister, Ava, and Daddy were out playing chase on skis -- the perfect scenario for a parent teaching a child to ski. They had a ski clinic admiring them. 

It's hard to be starting all over again with a child that spends more time on the ground than on her skis. She's done with the pulk. We learned that the hard way with screams and kicking legs and loud protests of  "I want to get out. I want to ski." 

We're praying for some decent snowfall so we can let Julia walk on skis in the tracks. For now, just playing in the snow outside the lodge is okay, too.

No comments: